Clarification on CustomerEndEvent

I would like to get an event when a conversation ends, and the closest I've found is CustomerEndEvent/v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.customer.end:
"The CustomerEndEvent gets emitted when a customer session ends."

Since I am only looking for conversations which had an external participant anyway would this work? It states "when a customer session ends", which I am interpreting as it would fire whether the customer disconnects or the agent disconnects, is this accurate? Would there be any other times this fires?

Of course as I'm writing this I'm now realizing it may not be the actual end of the conversation since the agent may have wrapup but I can combine the different events and check when the conversation ends.

Hi bobcodes,

According to the POST api/v2/events/conversations , The disconnectType indicates what triggered the event.

By quickly making use of our notifications tool available through the widget on the bottom right of the api explorer, I was able to subscribe and test outcomes of triggering the CustomerEndEvent. For example, The peer value is a result of an agent ending the conversation, while the client value is a result of the customer ending the event. I advise you give the tool a try as I found it quite handy.

Lastly the event will trigger before an agent wrapup.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.