Click To Dial in "Home-Grown" Web application using WebRTC phones

Hi,
I have a customer you wishes to implement click to dial functionality in an in house web application. I read in an older post (I believe middle of 2017), that WebRTC phones did not support placing calls using the API. I am just checking if this is currently supported (June 2018)?

Thanks.
Mark Mathis

Nice timing! Ask again in a week or so for an official "yes". :slight_smile: Pre-release documentation is here as of today: https://developer.mypurecloud.com/api/webrtcsdk/

Hi Tim,
To expand on this, (and to give me a reality check), my belief to place a call it is necessary for the user to be authenticated (Authorization Code Grant) and not just the application (Client Credentials Grant). It is not possible for the application to place a call on behalf of the user. Is this correct?

Correct, client credentials has no user context and cannot place or receive calls. Users can authenticate using an implicit, auth code, or SAML2 bearer grant.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.