Conversation Data Mismatch between Analytics and Conversations Endpoints

Hi team,

We've come across a scenario where performing the following GET requests returns different results.
For context the conversation has been disconnected and is an email.

Request 1
GET /api/v2/analytics/conversations/details?id={conversationId}

Response 1

• "conversationId": {conversationId},
  • "conversationStart": "2024-04-28T23:38:07.776Z",
  • NO CONVERSATION END

Request 2
GET /api/v2/conversations/{conversationId}

Response 1

• "id": {conversationId},
  • "startTime": "2024-04-28T23:38:07.776Z",
  • "endTime": "2024-04-30T01:13:03.728Z",

We know the conversation has been disconnected, question is why is it not showing in the analytics/conversations/details response? This is happening to a small percentage of email conversations in our customers org.

2 Likes

That probably needs to go to customer care to research and potentially escalate.

1 Like

Eos is correct. Org data investigations must always go to Care; we do not have access to your org's data via the forum.

Thanks guys, we have raised a ticket with Care but thought we'd check here to see if anyone had any thoughts.
At first glance it's obvious the Genesys API's are clearly not aligned for the example responses but we know it's only for a very small percentage of the total customer emails, so either something's broken in the back end which we'd presume is unlikely, or we're missing something in our interpretation of the responses.

I had a similar experience submitting a couple of tickets to Care. In each case, they did something manual to update the analytics endpoints but they seemed entirely uninterested in investigating root cause or preventing it from happening in the future. Hope your experience is different! As it is, I have to remind myself to periodically check long-running conversations in our data warehouse against the conversation endpoint for this scenario.

1 Like

Hello,
Ihad same issue but it was for the callbacks that have not been processed on the same day, either the callback day is a later day or the agent has reject the callback. the end date only appears on the data of day the interaction is completed.

1 Like