Creating end-to-end tests validating conversation payloads

Hi,

I'm trying to create a couple end-to-end tests that take a hard-coded conversationId and then call /api/v2/conversations/{conversationId}. The response is the validated against our assertions. These conversationIds represent different scenarios and conversation types with attributes (phone calls, web messages, twoWayText/sms, etc). I would typically create a unit test that would validate a stubbed response, but I am trying go through the workflow of a couple micro-services.

I got done with a couple tests but recently rerunning them, it seems like the attributes are no longer on them. I ended up changing conversationIds to get me test working but then I began wondering about my approach. Not sure what has changed or why the attributes would be missing after a month, however it make wonder if there is a better way to handle these types of tests. I could write unit tests where I mock out the response from /api/v2/conversations, but since I am trying to test the behavior through a couple micro-services, can I rely on the response from /api/v2/conversations/{conversationId} to always return the same payload?

I have looked into programmatically creating a conversation (in this case, web chat), but I have struggled to format the query correctly using CreateWebChatConversationRequest and PostWebchatGuestConversationsAsync. Then again, I'm not sure if this is even an appropriate use of the system. If this is a recommended path, could you link me to any documentation that could help?

Thanks,

Not sure what has changed or why the attributes would be missing after a month

Note: Time to live (TTL) is 60 days for participant data. After 60 days, the data can only be accessed when it is exported.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.