Custom APP embed into the Genesys Console

Hi,

I am starting for the first time to develop a Web APP based on embeddable framework. I already have my example application raised.

I have watched and tested that I can embed the Genesys Cloud console via iframe on my Web APP, but my need is just the opposite. I would have to embed my APP into the Genesys Cloud console. Can it also be done with the Embeddable Framework? Or would I have to combine it with an interaction type widget?

Thanks.

Regards,

David

You can embed apps in the Genesys Cloud UI using the Client Apps feature: About Client Application integrations - Genesys Cloud Resource Center.

Thanks, Tim, for your help.

just one more question, the idea is that the agent has the app open (integrated in the same console) while attending the conversation with the user. I had previously studied the option of an interaction widget but I understand that the agent would have to select the icon to have it open. Is there any way that when the agent receives the call the app opens automatically? perhaps with a standalone type integration?

Thanks again!

Regards,

David

You could use the web component in a script to embed your app in the context of a conversation.

1 Like

Hi Tim,

Do you refer this?

Could you give me documentation please? It's my first time and I would like to investigate it.

I understand that I could add my iframe tag to my Web APP in the script but I have 2 doubts:

1. How can I associate that script to the conversation? (I assume it is in the script configuration itself)

2. My Web APP is a form for the agent to fill in some fields in real time and these are recorded in custom attributes of the conversation. My question is how to pass the ID of the conversation to my APP (I had seen the pcConversationID parameter in the Interaction widgets).

Thanks again.

Hi David,

Take a look at the scripting documentation here. There are several example scripts there that you can take a look at.

Thanks,
John Carnell

1 Like

Hi John,

Thank you very much for the info and sorry for not replying sooner.

I've already been able to make a lot of progress in building and integrating my script :slight_smile:

Now I would only be able to close when the conversation ends. I have seen that there is a variable about the state of the interaction, could I use it in some way to close the script? Perhaps with a page level action?

Thanks again,

David

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.