Customer participant question

I have two questions regarding participants with purpose: 'customer'

1. Can a conversation have more than one customer?
  2. How can I determine the total talktime of a customer? Unfortunately I don't see a 'tTalk' metric for a customer participant of a conversation when I retrieve conversation details via /api/v2/analytics/conversations/details/query
  1. Not that I'm aware of unless maybe you're conferencing two customer participants into the same conversation.
  2. Look at the customer participant and then find the difference between the start and end times of their segment.

Thanks for the input Tim!

I did some more tests; it turns out it is possible to have more then one customer participant in a conversation. I will do some more testing to see if it is possible to have more then one customer participants that are 'inbound'.

Regarding the talk time; unfortunately it does not suffice in our case to just look at the segments of the customer participant. The customer participant in our case only have two segments. One of type 'system' and of type 'interact'. The interact segment also includes the time the customer was put on hold. What I'm looking for is the the time the customer (who is inbound, who initiated the conversation) spent talking to / interacting with agents.

As you've found, the customer segment spans all activity in the system. What you're actually looking to measure, based on your description, is the agent's talk time. You will get some metrics for each session using a conversation detail query. These metrics will include tTalkComplete and tHeldComplete if there was both talking and holding in the agent's segment. If there are multiple agent participants, ensure they do not overlap (that would be a conference) and add the values from each agent participant together.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.