CX as Code and object GUID references

HI, I have a couple questions regarding CX as Code and the use of org specific GUIDs for objects:

• The resources docs show that some objects are still referring to org specific GUIDs for dependent objects (such as schedules within schedule groups). Can these be substituted with a reference variable (such as with wrap codes assignments in queues)?
  • Does the long term vision for CX as Code include eliminating hard coded references to GUIDs for dependent objects?
  • Also, are there plans on the roadmap to address including more objects in CX as Code including emergency groups, scripts, etc.?

Thanks!

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for reaching out to me and let me see if I can answer some of those questions:

1. The resources docs show that some objects are still referring to org specific GUIDs for dependent objects (such as schedules within schedule groups). Some of the documents were written before we had data sources in place to do lookups. In general, you should never hard code a GUID inside your terraform file. I would suggest you look at the data source actions and use them to look up values. If a data source is not available you can also use our CLI and a shell script to pull a value out of a lookup. Usually you use the external resource to perform these actions.

2. Does the long-term vision for CX as Code include eliminating hard-coded references to GUIDs for dependent objects? See my earlier feedback. I am going to chat with my team about updating the documentation to remove the hardcoded references.

3. We are going to continue to build out CX as Code. Our API is very wide and deep and not everyone object is suitable to be a CX as Code resource. I would recommend you chat with our product manager @Becky_Powell about the roadmap. She will probably direct you to file an idea in our idea's portal, but she is on the lookout for what objects are most important to customers and will work with the Developer Engagement team to prioritize as necessary the buildout of objects.

CX as Code is open source, so if there is a particular resource you need and it is not exposed, we always welcome contributions too. So if you want to do some golang and contribute, we always welcome PRs.
Thanks for reaching out Matthew and please keep posting if you have questions and concerns.

John Carnell
Manager, Developer Engagement

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.