CX as Code - Feature Updates

Hi Forum,

There may be an answer out there on this, and I just couldn't find it. I was curious around the speed-to-availabilty for CX as Code.

So, if a new feature is released in the GC platform, like the new callback dialing features as an example (3 or 4 queue settings which allow callbacks to be auto dialed, disconnected, etc)

How long does it take for that queue setting to become part of the resource in Terraform? Is there a general expectation around this sort of thing? Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Peter

Hi Peter,

CX as Code is an open source project at Genesys and does not always follow the same release scheduled as a new feature. What usually happens is the service team making the feature should be adding it to CX as Code Terraform provider in order to guarantee it gets released to the feature.

However, if they do not have the experience they can ask the developer engagement team to do the work and then we put it in our backlog and prioritize it along with any bug fixes or other feature developement. Sometimes the dev teams forget about CX as Code and then the feature never makes it into our backlog.

We monitor the forums and also our issues in the Terraform repository and if someone asks for an attribute. We then will do the research and get it into our backlog. I can tell you the callbacks for auto dial and disconnect do have a ticket in them and they are current planned on being worked on in our next Sprint.

If a developer absolutely needs a new set of attributes and they are not available yet, we do welcome PRs and have incorporated them into our branch.

I will have the dev who is assigned the ticket above respond back to you when the queue items are added, but we are planning on starting work on several of these items this week and hope to have released at the end of the sprint 2 weeks from now.

Thanks,
John Carnell
Director, Developer Engagement

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.