CX as Code: resource for extension pools

Hi,

Following up on my other post "CX as Code on ORG with GC1 (Purecloud 1) licenses".
I'm using CX as Code tool to pull all data from an existing ORG and import it into a new ORG.

When using the genesyscloud_tf_export resource, what is the resource_type to pull the extension pools?

In my particular case, there are some groups that have calls enabled using an internal extension. When I import the data in ORG2 that I pulled from ORG1, the groups are imported but they don't have calls enabled. I think this is because the extension pools didn't get migrated?

thx,

Tommy

FYI.

original ORG group settings:

new ORG after import: Calls are not enabled and group phone number error. Call route type and parameters are not exported/imported.
newORG settings1

Hi Tommy,

We do not currently have extension pools as an available resource through CX as Code. We would need to try and reproduce this in our lab, but I suspect that is why your group numbers are not going enabled. I am going to chat with my product manager about getting extension pools on the backlog of work. However, I can make a commitment on a timeline.

What you could do in the meantime is use a script to create the extension pools before you create the groups. In terraform you could use

resource "null_resource" "deploy_archy_flow" {
  depends_on = [
   //make sure you put dependences in here to ensure that this is called before you create the groups.
  ]

provisioner "local-exec" {
    command = "  script call here"
  }
}

The APIs you can use to create the extensions can be found here:

https://developer.genesys.cloud/api/rest/v2/telephonyprovidersedge/

Thanks,
John Carnell
Manager, Developer Engagement

John,

Awesome. Thx for the info!