Data action 2-Way TLS

Does Genesys Cloud supports 2-Way TLS ?
One of our customer is exposing its API only in a 2-Way TLS environment.
Thanks

Please refer to the documentation for MTLS MTLS support for data actions - Genesys Cloud Resource Center

thank you for your response,

can we also generate a certificate from a trusted site like Digicert ?

Many thanks

Not only can you, but you must do so.

can Genesys provide this certificate so that we can provide it to the client ?

Customers are responsible for implementing their own web services to be called by data actions. If you need assistance building your web service, Genesys Professional Services can be contracted to do custom development work. Your account sales rep can get a contract worked up if you're interested in this.

1 Like

Thank you Tim for your advise.
the costumer will purchase a Digicert public certificate.

do we need to generate a CSR from Genesys side [CSR Creation | Create Certificate Signing Request | DigiCert] ?

How you sign your own service isn't Genesys' concern, other than your service's SSL cert is from a trusted CA.

I am a genesys cloud developer and I am trying to find a solution with the client who asks us to :
when Genesys making calls (this is on Genesys side needs to be trusted). Trust needs to be in both sides. WS needs to trust Genesys with a public certificate.

When Genesys is making calls needs to present a public certificate (not private self signed you shared previously). CSR and Private Key is on Genesys side . Public Trust certificate will represent Genesys and only this will be trusted on WS.

is this possible please, if so how?

It is currently not possible. There is an idea to provide a publicly trusted mTLS certificate option here:
https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/OP-I-456
Please vote on it and add any additional use cases it should cover.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.