Data Action API - no body even during test

1st post and new as I am doing a demo with Genesys Cloud. Goal is to make an API call during an incoming call to a queue. No issues getting a screen pop up, and even trigging the API. The issue is the API action never actually delivers a payload/body to my Azure Logic App. I can use postman and confirm it working completely.

So a very basic static Action API call - There is NO authentication needed for this API its just a secret URL. So URL, 1 header Content-Type = application/json and a body. I am doing a static body no variables just to rule out issues. See below The body is what never sends.

{
"API-AgentCallStartTime": "1",
"API-AgentID": "2",
"API-InteractionType": "Call",
"API-InteractionID": "3",
"API-CustomerFormattedNumber": "4"
}

On the azure logic app side I get a successfull API call when I use the genesys TEST button in the action. There are NO errors in the genesys cloud side. Everything is green there is NO response as I do not do one. The odd part is the details. The APis from Genesys come over with Conent-Length 0 so it for sure isnt sending a body.

I am just at a loss where to take this. Its a very basic and simple API. But with no errors not sure what I am doing wrong here. Any suggestions?

Can you post an export of the action with the secret URL redacted?

I guess one more thing. Are you saying that when you are in the administrative UI it works when you hit "test", but the same action fails when called from an architect flow?

@Jason - Both Architect and the Admin UI > Action > TEST also does the same issue. They both send an API but with no content-length no body.

I can not upload the file but I will post the code here

{
"name": "CTI-CallStart - Exported 2022-06-15 @ 13:42",
"integrationType": "custom-rest-actions",
"actionType": "custom",
"config": {
"request": {
"requestUrlTemplate": "https://prod-.southcentralus.logic.azure.com:443/workflows/***",
"requestType": "POST",
"headers": {
"Content-Type": "application/json"
},
"requestTemplate": "{\n "API-AgentCallStartTime": "1",\n "API-AgentID": "2",\n "API-InteractionType": "Call",\n "API-InteractionID": "3",\n "API-CustomerFormattedNumber": "4"\n}"
},
"response": {
"translationMap": {},
"translationMapDefaults": {},
"successTemplate": "${rawResult}"
}
},
"contract": {
"input": {
"inputSchema": {
"title": "CTICallStart",
"type": "object",
"properties": {
"varAgentCallStart": {
"type": "string"
},
"varInteractionType": {
},
"varInteractionID": {
},
"varCustomerNumber": {
},
"varAgentID": {
}
},
"additionalProperties": true
}
},
"output": {
"successSchema": {
"type": "object",
"properties": {},
"additionalProperties": true
}
}
},
"secure": false
}

@Jason_Mathison - Morning - Any luck or ideas with the above code? Its a simple API call with but no luck on my side making it work.

Hello,

Can you try adding a header on your request configuration -> Transfer-Encoding: buffered ?
I found an old azure post on stackoverflow mentioning that Azure HTTP Trigger does not support "chunked" transfer encoding. The post is old so I don't know if it is true/accurate.
But chunked transfer encoding is what Data Action used by default. See here on Transfer encoding with Data Actions
Might help with your issue.

Regards,

Thanks Jerome - Yep that was it. Weird usually I see actual errors on the receiving side when wrong encoding was used. Not the case for me I set the encoding to buffered and it worked. I assumed it was a config issue on my side like I was missing something. Glad that wasnt the case. Thanks again for your help and quick response!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.