Data Action Raw Result and Architect Flow

Hi All,

I have setup Custom Data Action, I get all the fields I want in JSON response/output(In Execute Step), However I am not getting results in the Template in required fields.

Question:

If I call this Data Action in Architect, Will I get only the fields I Need from say 20 other fields as output or I will get all 20 fields as output ? What I am trying to figure out is it mandatory to get output in Template in Data Action ?

Thanks !!

You will only have access in Architect to the fields that you have configured in your output contract.

If you would like help troubleshooting your action I suggest posting an export of your data action (with anything sensitive replaced with test data) and an example response from your endpoint (also with anything sensitive replaced).

--Jason

@Jason_Mathison Sure i will post export

If I configure in my output contract to get the following fields 1. Email 2. PIN 3. Address

I think i get access to these only. What If I have configured these fields in output contract and the Data action template is empty (Does not display response results), Still I am ok as I see output results for these 3 fields in JSON in step execute ?

If you mark those outputs as required in your output contract, then the data action would fail if proper values are not provided by the success template. If they are not marked as required then it wouldn't cause a data action failure, but you would need to be able to handle that scenario in your flow.