Data Actions call limitations in Bot Flow

Hello everyone,

I'm currently facing an issue in my current project involving the use of Data Actions in Genesys Bot Flow. Recently, I discovered that we are encountering some limitations regarding Data Actions calls, and I'm seeking further clarification on this matter.

Could anyone share information on the limitations of Data Actions calls in the Genesys platform? I'm interested in knowing if there are usage limits, call rates, or any other restrictions we should consider when designing our bot flows.

I appreciate any help or guidance you can provide!

Hello,

Here is the page on Limits

There is a limitation for Data Actions as part of Bot flows.
See: here.
dataaction.invocations.per.bot.flow.max = 25

Regards,

Thank you for providing the information about the limitations and the link to the relevant page.

I'm interested in knowing if we have the capability to adjust this limitation internally. If so, could you please guide me through the process to modify the parameter dataaction.invocations.per.bot.flow.max?

"Additionally, I noticed that the documentation indicates a limit of 25 invocations, but currently I am only able to make 18 calls."

Any guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

The table shows that as a configurable limit. I posted the text from the page for how that works. I would suggest working with customer care to sort out what other problems you may be having.

[

How are limits configured?

](https://developer.genesys.cloud/organization/organization/limits#how-are-limits-configured-)

Every limit is assigned a default value that is selected to work well for most Genesys Cloud customers. The best way to avoid reaching a limit threshold is to take preventative steps during development. If all avenues to avoid limiting have been exhausted, Genesys Cloud customers can engage Customer Care to make a case for increasing a limit.

Take note of the table below. Some limits are hard limits; they are not configurable.

--Jason

Thank you for the response and the additional information.

I'm exploring a potential solution to address the issue of reaching the data action call limit in our Genesys bots. One idea that has come up is to allow the user to exit the bot and re-enter to continue the interaction. However, the question arises: is there any native function in Genesys that can allow the user to return to where they left off after exiting the bot?

I would greatly appreciate any knowledge or experience you can share on this matter!