Data Actions test using Basic Auth Username and Password

Hi All,

I am testing Data Actions using Postman, The DB team(SAP) provided me with a Username and password and we have API Key as well which I added in headers of action. When I test in Postman I have option to select Basic Auth in Authorization and can enter username and password provided by SAP team and I get 200 ok response.

We need to test in Genesys Cloud as well but I do not see option to enter username and password.

I know we have to use Oauth but for testing we need to use Basic Auth.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

I have another question, How do I test a data action using dummy data for a demo. I saw a post I can use AWS Lambda function but little bit lost with the following.

1. Do I need to create a AWS Dynamo DB Database and create a table and insert data into tables ?

and then configure Data action to get back values in DB with some input ? Any example or steps will be greatly appreciated

Thanks !!

I found for Basic auth I can add username/password here

Question: Basic Auth already configured to used for our old genesys - SAP Integration, Now we are testing Genesys - SAP Hana integration, If i change user/password , Will it impact our existing integration ? My guess is since I am creating new Data action it should not but pls confirm.

If you change the username / password on an existing integration it will impact any existing actions for that integration. If you are testing something new out I would recommend creating a new integration for it.

For testing out an action you can use a testing endpoint. I personally use mockable.io, but postman has an echo site and I am sure there are many other websites where you can configure it to return whatever you want. You could use a lambda, but that is likely a much more difficult way to accomplish your demo.

--Jason

Thanks for reply.

Reg API testing demo, They want me to demo end-end starting from when call comes in and API/Data Action triggered.

I think I must incorporate/call new data action into architect flow to test end to end correct ?

Reg new integration , Can I have multiple integrations in one single dev org ?

Yes, you can have multiple integrations in a single org. At least 10 of any type, with some types allowing more than that.

I am little bit confused reg Basic Auth and Oauth as I see both configured for Data actions , When I click a data action its configured for Basic Auth and when I click Oauth tab it is also configured with Client ID and Secret.

The SAP team is asking which Authentication Genesys is configured to be used by Data Actions/API with SAP. How do i find out ?

We don't have a specific SAP integration, so how authentication is done will depend on how you configure the Web Service Data Action Integration. Specifically, in the Configuration -> Credentials -> configure page. You can choose to either do basic authentication, "User Defined" (which is something similar to basic auth), or "User Defined (OAuth)" where there is a special authentication action that is used to gather the token to be used by the normal data actions.

Where are you seeing a data action configured for Basic Auth with an OAuth tab? You might include screen shots. Or your best bet might be to contact support so they can walk through your questions with you in real-time.

--Jason

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.