Developer Tools Code Editor Broken

I like using the code editor to share and run code snippets to simplify some tasks or pull data.

I haven't used it lately and when I try now it always outputs "ReferenceError require is not defined" and the SDK Version drop-down is empty.

It's been like this at least a week and I have tried from different orgs and regions. I have also had others try as well.

Can someone look into this?

Thanks,
Daniel M

Can you try clearing your browser's cache and reloading the page? I'm unable to reproduce this issue; the code editor works fine for me.

As an aside, we're deprecating the code editor feature and won't be replacing it when the old dev tools are eventually removed. We recommend that you use any code editor you like instead. One such option for web-based code editing is https://codepen.io/.

I made the mistake of not trying from another machine. It appears this is related to some kind of inherited browser policy preventing this from working and the others I had test would have had the same policy issue. It is working from my personal laptop just fine.

That's very unfortunate to hear though, as using the code editor allows you to use your credentials without setting up any auth.

Thanks,
Daniel M

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.