Dialog Engine Bot Migration to Architect

Hello,

We are currently using a dialog engine bot in our web chat flow. We asked customers if they want to keep waiting or not. Based on their answer, they are being queued or disconnected.

In the instance that they don't reply to the bot, we send them a reminder after 30 seconds. And if they still don't reply, we disconnect them after another 30 seconds. We do that using the Follow-up response timeout and a loop.

However, with the bot flow in architect, I cannot seem to be able to do the same since the paths available after the bot are not the same.

Is there a way to build the same experience with the bot flow in architect?
Is there a follow-up timeout available with the bot flow in architect?

Thank you.

Hi Louis,

If you are migrating a digital bot, I suggest you migrate to Digital Bot Flow rather than Bot Flow. Our roadmap for all future digital features will be for Digital Bot Flow.

I will see if I can get someone to check if you are able to do a follow up response with Digital Bot Flow.

Nicola

Is this in an in-queue flow? You can certainly do something similar with Digital Bot Flows without needing the NLU for it. I think I would need to see more of the flow to understand, but Digital Bot Flows has a block called Ask for Yes/No. Each has a path for logic, so Yes could just End Flow that will return to the In Queue flow and No could call for Disconnect.

@Nicola_Burns We are still on web chat. I believe the digital bot flow does not work with web chat. It is a plan for us but we first want to implement messenger on a smaller scale.

Hi Louis,

Yes you are correct, you would have to migrate to Messenger too if you wanted to use Digital Bot Flows.

Nicola

@msassoon It's not an in-queue flow. It's in a web chat flow. We use the dialog engine bot. We ask customers if they want to wait. If no input is received, it goes in a loop reminding them to answer. After one loop and still no input, we disconnect the interaction since the customer is not replying to the bot.
Now that there is a deprecation planned of the dialog engine, migrated to architect ( I think called legacy bot), we are working on the bot flow in architect, but it does not provide the same timeout response and ability to create that loop. That's why I am looking for help if the current experience we have can be replicated. Otherwise, we'll revise it.

So, Digital Bot Flows has a no input, but Bot Flows does not. So, this wouldn't be possible with these features and Chat. As we are actively moving customers to Web Messaging, that might be an overall better approach with Digital Bot Flows and the async abilities of Web Messaging. Feel free to reach out to your local sales team for expert advice or message me and I will find someone to help.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.