Disconnecting Queued Interactions

This week we ran some stress tests in our testing environment with the goal to try and break the system to test how well we would recover. During one portion we were all allowed to hit the public API as hard as we could to try and get something to break. I decided to throw what I could at our ACD and conversation services by creating 50k 3rd Party Chats as fast as I could. To my disappointment the system handled the load fine, but since I was borrowing an org to do my testing I now had to cleanup my mess.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://developer.mypurecloud.com/blog/2018-02-07-disconnecting-queued-interactions/index.html

It was informative to read about this. We are planning to do a stress test on system on voice part. Could you please share any inputs that you may have on the ways Genesys recommends to perform load testing in Cloud ?

1. How can we generate that many number of calls , say 5K concurrent calls
  2. Do we need to try only ACD queue routing and disconnecting the call or do we also need to route to agents ?
  3. How to go about the routing from queues to agents for bulk test agent profiles (the licenses it needs etc )