Does Genesys Support Odata Service API to Integrate Genesys with SAP S4 Hana?

Hi Guyz,

Help here will be much appreciated !!

Does Genesys Cloud support Odata (open Data ) API Service via AWS API Gateway ?

I am working to Integrate Genesys CX Data Actions with SAP S4 Hana Odata API's and need to get output exactly the fields I need for example:

If I send a Phone Number , I need PIN, Email and few other fields back from S4 Hana not 100 other fields so i think We need to filter it out but how and any example will be appreciated.

Regards

Data actions can make requests to JSON-based REST services. See the Web services tab here for details: Requirements for the data actions integration - Genesys Cloud Resource Center.

Thanks for reply Tim !!

Is Odata NOT a JSON based REST Service ?

That's not something I can answer for you. You will need to contact the vendor of your 3rd party service for documentation to understand what it is.

SO I found Odata is on top of REST service , Now in this case we have SAP Hana using Odata services and need to integrate with Genesys Cloud, Is there a way we can achieve it ?

from a post of 2018 I found someone said Genesys Pure cloud DO NOT SUPPORT ODATA SERVICE but that was long ago.

Does anyone know if Genesys support OData now ?

I don't know what OData is. Data actions support what's documented in the link shared above. If your service meets those conditions, it should work. If it doesn't, you'll need to build/implement a middleware that provides a suitable interface for use with data actions.

If you need assistance reviewing your 3rd party service for suitability for use with data actions and/or implement a middleware for you, Genesys Professional Services can be hired for consulting and/or implementation.

Odata

OData (Open Data Protocol) is an OASIS standard that defines the best practice for building and consuming RESTful APIs. OData helps you focus on your business logic while building RESTful APIs without having to worry about the approaches to define request and response headers, status codes, HTTP methods, URL conventions, media types, payload formats and query options etc. OData also guides you about tracking changes, defining functions/actions for reusable procedures and sending asynchronous/batch requests etc. Additionally, OData provides facility for extension to fulfil any custom needs of your RESTful APIs.

OData RESTful APIs are easy to consume. The OData metadata, a machine-readable description of the data model of the APIs, enables the creation of powerful generic client proxies and tools. Some of them can help you interact with OData even without knowing anything about the protocol. The following 6 steps demonstrate 6 interesting scenarios of OData consumption across different programming platforms. But if you are a non-developer and would like to simply play with OData, XOData is the best start for you

The short answer is yes, you can access OData endpoints with Data Actions. For example, we have a data actions integration with Dynamics, which uses OData.

I recommend that you use a tool like Postman to work with the API to be able to authenticate and get the data you need. Once you know what your requests and responses will look like it is typically straightforward to create data actions.

--Jason

Thanks Jason !! So if Genesys can be integrated with MS Dynamics using OData then I think we can integrate SAP/Genesys as well !!

I need to clarify the following

1. How can we filter only required fields from bunch of other fields?

So for example I need only as response Email, PIN, Billing number by posting ANI/Phone Number as request in Genesys, Currently I am getting 10 other fields which I do not want as response.

Your help with a simple example is greatly appreciated !!.

Users of the data action are only going to be able to use the fields that are configured in the Output contract, so start by limiting that to the fields that you want to make available. While more fields may show up in test mode, they won't show up in places like architect.

If you need to make more complicated changes then you will need to use the translationMap to pull out the fields that you want, and then put them back together again in the response template.

--Jason

So you mean for example I have the foloowing configured in

INPUT Contract:

Phone Number

Output Contract:

Billing Number
Email
PIN

I will get exactly above 3 even though SAP may send 10 other fields ?

What SAP team telling me is they a a ENTITY and in each entity they have say 15 Fields

It is upto Genesys to filter from those 15 fields and select only what they want.

In one of earlier posts I saw we can use Contains or Filter command in Request URL itself so that we get what we need.

What exactly is the problem that you are asking for help with right now?

Are you able to call the SAP endpoint via a tool like postman and get back the data that you want?

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.