E.api is undefined

I'm trying to find out any information I can about a potential change to genesys.min.js? Are there any changenotes for that which I can get access to?

The context of this is we started getting errors in our application this morning with the Web Messenger chat loading. In some cases this error was interfering with button clicks on our pages. All avenues of investigation lead us to the genesys.min.js file having a new version released recently.

Attached is an image from one of our test environments showing the console errors.

After further investigation, this seems to be a conflict with window.NewRelic. Our window.NewRelic appears to be overwritten with the one loaded in from genesys.min.js.

Anyone else experiencing anything like this?

OK so I think I've found the issue. Genesys released a new version sometime overnight. Confirmed with the wayback machine and it introduces a NewRelic plugin which is clobbering our newrelic and causing issues.

Wayback Machine - check the snapshots at 01:28:53 https://web.archive.org/web/20240118012853/https://apps.usw2.pure.cloud/genesys-bootstrap/genesys.min.js and 04:31:02 (can only put 2 links in a post)
This must be affecting anyone using NewRelic and Genesys web messenger.

@James_McPheat,

Thanks for pointing on the issue. You are correct, we recently made changes adding NewRelic at the bootstrap level that is interfering with your NewRelic. We are looking into it and working on a fix from our end so you should not need to do anything.

Thanks, we also have Genesys Case # 0003431610 raised separately on our behalf.

Any idea of when a fix will be deployed?

Hi @JohanS, fix is deployed.

1 Like

Referring back to my original post, how can we be notified that a new version of genesys.min.js is being released and is there any way for us to get a version of it available to test in our test environments ahead of the production release?

I was unable to find any release notes on it, and as you can see, I ended up resorting to the wayback machine to figure out what was going on.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.