Enable External Contacts List on Transfer

Hi,

When I click on Transfer in Genesys PureCloud Web App, I have an option for External Contacts.

But, when I do the same in Embeded Framework or Chrome Extension, I don't have that option.

Please, Is there any way to enable that option?

Thanks.

HI Javier
Although the UI is different, the embedded client typeahead can still search for Internal People, External People and Queues.

Thanks for that quick answer.

I've been reading that documentation and I tried again, but it does not work as it says.

First, I've created a new external contact with phone number.

Then I tried again and it appears in Genesys PureCloud Web App, but not in Embed Framework/Chrome Extension.

May it need some kind of configuration to work or is it a Bug?

Thanks.

Please, Can I get a response on this?

Thanks.

Please, Any way to make it work?

Thanks.

Hi Javier
At least in the Chrome Extension, Do you have this setting turned on: * Search Genesys Cloud External Contacts searches external contacts in your Genesys Cloud organization?
Thanks
Thomas

1 Like

Hi,

It was off, I turned it on and it works perfectly now, Thanks Thomas!

I suppose that I need to do the same on embeded framework and enable it too, How can I do?

Thanks

Hi Javier,
This is the difference between the GC embedded clients, that they are pre-packaged for you with settings like this. On the Embedded Framework - the same and more capabilities are there but you may have to configure this yourself. There are some interesting Embedded Framework solutions where customers and partners go above and beyond in the way they configure routing requirements and permissions.
Thanks
Thomas

I did it!
In framework.js, I added "externalContacts" to searchTargets array.

window.Framework = {
  config: {
    settings: {
      searchTargets: ['people', 'externalContacts'],

This document helped me: https://developer.genesys.cloud/platform/embeddable-framework/configMethods/settings

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.