Error running action test. REST call for action execute failed

Trying to test a data action for our Salesforce Integration. I've confirmed that the API name for the field being called out does in fact exist on the Case Object and that the Integration User has the necessary FLS to the field.

{
"message": "The request could not be understood by the server due to malformed syntax.",
"code": "bad.request",
"status": 400,
"messageParams": {},
"contextId": "5d612040-542c-4a94-9825-944580d35d27",
"details": [
{
"errorCode": "ACTION.REMOTE_ENDPOINT"
}
],
"errors": [
{
"message": "REST call for action execute failed. Message: Request to backend service failed. Response from web service: [{"message":"\nSELECT AccountId, AssetId, CaseNumber, ClosedDate\n ^\nERROR at Row:1:Column:19\nNo such column 'AssetId' on entity 'Case'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.","errorCode":"INVALID_FIELD"}] [5d612040-542c-4a94-9825-944580d35d27]",
"code": "BAD_REQUEST",
"status": 400,
"messageParams": {},
"details": [],
"errors": []
}
]
}

Hello,

The error comes back from Salesforce and mentions:
No such column 'AssetId' on entity 'Case'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

Regards,

Yes, however, there is an AssetId field on the Case Object, so not sure why this would be returning this particular error...

Is that screenshot a list of your custom fields? I'm not familiar with salesforce, but that's what it looks like to me. Have you tried the suggestion in the error message?

If that's not it, I would recommend contacting Salesforce support to get assistance using their API. Once you have a working configuration for their API, you can configure it in the data action in Genesys Cloud.

No, in SFDC all fields, both custom and standard, are listed in this view. The AssetId field is a standard field, so no need to append '__c' in the query.

What do you mean by "working configuration for their API"?

I mean that your current configuration for your request to the Salesforce API isn't valid. You will need to work with Salesforce to determine how to make a successful request to their API.

Hi Alyson,

I checked, and the "Get Most Recent Open Case By Contact Id" static action returns the AssetId for the case, so this is definitely a build-in field that can work.

I would recommend rechecking the integration accounts permissions, as that seems like the most likely issue.

I believe that I used Workbench while I was developing our Salesforce integration. If your query works there with the integration account (or some other SOQL testing tool) then please open a support ticket to further troubleshoot this.

--Jason

Thanks @tim.smith and @Jason_Mathison - I will check permissions and if that doesn't resolve reach out to SFDC.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.