EventBridge not raising outbound events (v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.outbound)

Hi all, we are using EventBridge integration to listen to conversation detail events. We are able to set things up for all conversation details events except one: v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.outbound

A comparison of the total number of outbound calls; expected (via API calls) vs. what we have (via EventBridge) shows a big discrepancy between the 2.

For reference, here is how our Genesys-EventBridge setup looks like:

1. Genesys (Topics have the outbound topic in it)

2. AWS EventBridge (created following Genesys documentation)

3. AWS Rule (for the outbound conversation event)

4. Lambda (Serverless code we use to consume data in our environment)

This is how it’s setup for all the other events we are subscribed to and they are being populated as expected. I was wondering:

• Are we using the v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.outbound topic wrong?
  • Are we missing a configuration?
  • Is there a better way to get outbound call data in near real time?

Am having a similar issue.
Set up the integration with one Topic. All ok.
Added a second topic but nothing came through for that one. Added a third and that one appears to work - still nothing for number 2.

1. v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.acd.start
  2. v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.wrapup
  3. v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.acw

Possibly I don't know what causes v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.wrapup but I am making a call on behalf of a queue and at the end of it, selecting a queue-assigned wrap code. If that is not approprirate, then please let me know.
Through API Explorer I can see the wrap code assigned to such an interaction for the conversation and participant IDs.....

@Paul_Ascue For your question, one thing to note is the outbound event is not for outbound conversations, it's for outbound dialer conversations. Documented here: https://developer.genesys.cloud/api/rest/v2/analytics/analytics_detail_events#outboundinitevent

The OutboundInitEvent gets emitted whenever an outbound campaign is initiated.

Outbound events could be identified through the other customer/user start events but we don't have a topic that specifically informs EventBridge of specifically outbound conversations.

We have a preview topic that will be available in the next couple months where you would be able to subscribe to metrics which would give you the nOutbound metric on each outbound occurrence. We're tracking that here:

https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/ANLS-I-939
Add v2.analytics.conversation.{id}.metrics
Add v2.analytics.flow.{id}.metrics

@Angus.Huckle For your question, wrapup is a topic that isn't yet available for GA. We have the code work done for this, but we're waiting on QA completion before we can release the topic. Since the code work is complete, the EventBridge component is picking up the topic and showing it on the documentation. I'll look into getting this corrected so we can specifically mark that this is a preview topic coming soon.

For reference, these are some additional features we have in the works to further add more information to ADEs:

https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/ANLS-I-976
Add v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.acw

https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/ANLS-I-987
Publish wrap up notes to v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.acw
Add v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.contact

I love to hear that you all are using ADEs to consume data. If anyone does identify gaps in data you're unable to receive on ADE streams, please enter an idea page for what you're looking for.

Our first use case was to trigger actions in AWS based upon certain events occurring. The data with those events was enough to enable us to do something and it also meant we didn't have to write a trigger for an IVR flow, in an Agent script etc.
Subsequently, we are looking to consume data for reporting purposes.

I have questions regarding 1. v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.wrapup

Is this now available?
Is this for dialler only or for all conversations?

Hello,

The EventBridge wrap-up code topic is mentioned in release notes from last week so it should be available.

"Is this for dialler only or for all conversations?"
I have not practiced EventBridge a lot yet. But based on the topic and description, it is for all conversations.

Regards,

v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.wrapup is now available and it will send data for all system set wrap up codes.

When the wrapup code is set in a callflow, an event is generated. However when the wrap-up is fron an agent, no event is generated.

Is this a new feature - will be fixed soon issue or should I report it as a fault?

Mike

Hello,

I just had a closer look at the list of Available topics. Sorry, I had missed this.
Actually, there are two topics related to wrap-up.
v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.wrapup corresponds to system level wrap-up - which was announced in the release notes link I posted in my previous post (set in your Call Flow or in some rules, ...).
The wrap-up code set by a Contact Center Agent (if one is set) is propagated at the end of the After Call Work (ACW) through the v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.acw

Regards,

Thanks very much - that was the result I was looking for

Mike

I am unable to generate this event, even by making updates to name of the External Contact. Any help with how this event can be generated?
v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.contact

Hi ralegner!!! when you say :

for outbound dialer conversations. Documented here: https://developer.genesys.cloud/api/rest/v2/analytics/analytics_detail_events#outboundinitevent

The OutboundInitEvent gets emitted whenever an outbound campaign is initiated.

Outbound events could be identified through the other customer/user start events but we don't have a topic that specifically informs EventBridge of specifically outbound conversations.

What you mean whit this? should I recieve event ONLY when campaign starts? if yes, why we have the outboundContactId in the schema??? it doesn't make sense. Thanks!!!