Failed to parse number

I did a stateless export for divisions, users, skills, skillsets and queues. In that file, I added a queue. When doing a "terraform plan", I get many errors from user entries: "Failed to parse number in an E.164 format."

When looking at the phone numbers in question, they put their 3-4 digit extension in that field.

Since obviously CX didn't complain about this when they entered that as their phone number, can we make the genesyscloud provider ignore this error?

A couple of questions:

1. What version of the CX as Code provider are you using?
  2. Can you give me the specific resource_type and attribute where you are getting this error?
  3. The reason I ask is the E.164 numbers are painful. Many of the API developers for Genesys Cloud mutate the phone numbers into an E.164 format.
  4. This causes problems because in Terraform the value that is presented is expected to match the value in the system. If they don't the target resource will be marked as changed and will update (or drop and create the target object).
  5. Because of this, we need to enforce a strict e.164 format. When we export values we try to catch non-e.164 phone numbers and convert them, but if we can't we throw an error. The reason we throw the error is that most people then will try to apply a value later and as a result they get errors on trying to import.

I cant commit that we can provide an override on an E.164 number but we can open a ticket and explore it.

Thanks,
John Carnell
Director, Developer Engagement

1. v1.30.2
  2. genesyscloud_user / phone_numbers

In the environment I'm testing in, not all users have phone numbers, and the ones that failed are the ones where the phone numbers had the 3-4 digit extensions.

The only modification I made to the export was adding a queue, so I did not modify any of the users. This is just the way the numbers were in the export.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.