FedRamp and CX as Code behavior question

I have written an installation package using CX as Code to install an application that has data tables, data actions, and multiple inbound flows, common modules, and in queue flows. It works perfectly except for the FedRamp region. In this region the admin objects, ie: datatables and data actions, import properly but when the flows go to import I get a time out error and none of the flows get imported. I tried this in 3 different orgs with the same behavior.

If I import the flows using Archy, I have no issues and the flows get imported properly.

Any ideas what could be causing this issue? Is it expected behavior?

thanks.
-Mark

Hi Mark,

We are currently investigating the issue and we will let you know once we know something.

Regards,
Declan

1 Like

Hi Mark,

So currently Archy is the only way to publish a flow to fedramp. As of now there is no side account support for fedramp and I can't give a ETA on when it will be available unfortunately.

Regards,
Declan

Is there a legal or technical reason why this cannot be done using CX as code, just trying to understand why we can use archy but not cx as code in fedramp for flows but it accetable for datatables, data actions, etc.?

Hi Mark,

Archy CX is in our side account, and there's no side account support for fedramp yet. We apologise for the inconvenience but this feature should be available in the future

Regards,
Declan

Can you elaborate on what a side account is for this purpose? Is CX as code using archy in background to load the flows?

thanks!

Hi guys,

I wanted to add a little bit more detail to this discussion. We just were fully approved for fed-ramp last month. Side-Accounts are a mechanism by which we are optimizing our AWS resources within Genesys Cloud. The public API endpoints that CX, as Code uses to deploy, are deployed in said side account.

The deployment of these side accounts is going through the FedRamp "significant change" process as we speak. As soon as the deployment of side-accounts is approved and deployed the CX as Code support for Architect flows will be available. I do not have an ETA on this yet, but in talking with the product manager it is a top priority.

So a little bit of insider baseball.

1. Archy is the original CLI tool that was written for importing and exporting flows. It uses a Javascript SDK and a large set of APIs to deploy flows. These APIs are publicly available but they take a significant amount of work to understand and use effectively to deploy a flow.

2. When we built CX as Code we wrapped the Archy complexity behind a single public API so that deploying flows became a very simplified process and we would not have to expose that complexity in CX as Code or our CLI. Under the covers of this public API, we are essentially using Archy so that we always maintain API parity with the Archy CLI.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
John Carnell
Director, Developer Engagement

1 Like

Thanks, John! We will look forward to the updates in FedRamp on these side accounts. That really helped explain the issue.