Genesys Cloud Data Actions to trigger Generic Webhook

Hello Community,

I'm seeking assistance with replicating a clip from DevCast by Jim Crespino (Genesys Process Automation with Event Triggers - YouTube) From 10:17 - 12:57

Where he demonstrates the installation and setup of a Generic Chat Notifications integration, using a Data Action to trigger it. Before testing the data action, I made sure to save my integration, although I haven't published it yet. However, I encountered an issue that differs from what was shown in the video. I had to remove the request URL template, which should typically start with "/api/". Regardless, I consistently receive the following response:

{
"message": "The requested resource was not found.",
"code": "not.found",
"status": 404,
"messageParams": {},
"contextId": "d912a513-15fc-4924-a67d-7db53e9275b9",
"details": [
{
"errorCode": "ACTION.REMOTE_ENDPOINT"
}
],
"errors": [
{
"message": "REST call for action execute failed. Message: Request to backend service failed. Response from web service: {"message":"HTTP 404 Not Found","code":"not found","status":404,"contextId":"50039aaf-937a-44a8-b6ad-e1415c36d6c6","details":[],"errors":[]} [d912a513-15fc-4924-a67d-7db53e9275b9]",
"code": "NOT_FOUND",
"status": 404,
"messageParams": {},
"details": [],
"errors": []
}
]
}

Thank you for your assistance.

Hello,

It seems you have used a Genesys Cloud Data Action Integration to create your Data Action.
It is not the right type.
Just had a quick look at the video and the type used for the integration is a Web Services Data Action Integration.

Genesys Cloud Data Action integration is meant to invoke the Platform API endpoints.
The url for the Chat Webhook is a public facing url - no need for Genesys OAuth credentials.

Regards,

1 Like

Thank you so much, Jerome. I will try it right now.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.