Genesys Cloud Outbound Agent Assignment after 1st call

I am just starting to setup Outbound functionality in Genesys Cloud, and I have a scenario where we are using Preview Dialing mode and will generate our Contact List without an initial Agent Assignment. So the first time a contact is attempted it is randomly assigned to an Agent. However if the Agent is not able to connect with the Contact we would like the Agent who got the 1st attempt to be assigned for the 2nd and 3rd follow-up attempts.

So far the documentation I have been able to find says that the Agent Assignment is only done when then List is created, is that true or is there way to add/change this via the Outbound configurations? Or would I need to do an update of the contact via an API call to add the Agent Assignment fields?

Hi @Garrett_Jason,

You might be able to leverage a combination of regular and agent-owned dialing. You can set up your outbound script so that it automatically updates contacts with the email address of the agent who received the contact. So first time, you'd start with a list that has a blank column, say "Agent", and run through the list with a regular preview campaign. That would associated each contact with an agent. Then you could update your campaign to use the agent column, which would preserve the agent association from the previous run.

I've attached some screenshots of the relevant configuration.

Under Script Properties...
1. Under script properties

...add a custom action:
2. Add a custom action

Use a Set Variable action under the Scripter section to assign the agent email to the contact agent column:

Configure the custom action to run after the contact data has been loaded into the script:
4. Run custom action after contact data has loaded

Select the script on your preview campaign:

After running the campaign, select the agent column for subsequent runs:

Hope this helps!
John