Genesys dialog engine bot

When it comes to creating a bot using Amazon Lex, I've discovered that there are two different approaches available: through the AWS console or by utilizing the AWS CLI (using serverless applications). Now, in regard to the Genesys Dialog Engine, I'm wondering if there is a similar logic to create a bot using these two alternatives.

I'm asking this question because I need to integrate an external API, such as a weather API for example. However, while examining the Genesys architecture, I couldn't find any feature or location to incorporate external resources.

Hi @ayoub
Outside of using Architect, our CX as Code resources would be the other recommended method for creating architect flows including bot flows.

We have a blueprint that demonstrates using CX as Code to create a bot flow. I'm linking to the folder dealing with flows, but the entirety of the blueprint may be helpful as well.

About integrating external APIs, you may be looking for the web services data actions integration. This is an integration that supports data actions for third-party APIs. You can call such a custom data action within an Architect flow.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.