Google Chrome’s Phasing Out of Third-Party Cookies affected Embeded Client (Salesforce

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone aware about :
Google Chrome’s Phasing Out of Third-Party Cookies Potentially Impacts Open CTI

https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=000396744&type=1

I tested this, and this break the Genesys Embed Softphone , where Softphone unable to render

If anyone anything to mitigate this ?

Appreciate for any suggestion.

Thank you
Fransiska

2 Likes

hi Fransiska
Genesys would like to inform all customers that this a known issue and solutions are being actively implemented to mitigate this change.
All customers using the Genesys Cloud for Salesforce CTI integration will not be affected.
Public statement to follow.

2 Likes

Hi @thomasprendergast ,

Thank you very much for confirmation, just want to confirm is it including https://developer.genesys.cloud/platform/embeddable-framework/ ? Because we done a lot of integration embedframework with Salesforce CTI and also Dynamics 365 CIF (similar like CTI in Salesforce).

Looking forward for your advise
Fransiska

hi Fransiska, the changes are not necessarily related to the salesforce/ dynamics or embedded framework. We will implement a solution for third party cookies in the chrome browser which is where this is affected.

1 Like

hi @thomasprendergast ,

Thanks for advise, do you know when roughly ETA of this implement solution third party cookies ?
Our customer require some level of confidence that the patch will be released with sufficient time to test before January 2024 Google deadline

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Fransiska

hi Fransiska
A solution is close to completion. Please keep an eye on the release notes.

2 Likes

hi @thomasprendergast

Thank you very much for advise, yes i have subscribe to release note.

Fransiska

Hello, @thomasprendergast! Could you kindly provide information on the release timelines for the availability of this fix? Your insights on the details would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Note: I have subscribed to release notes.

1 Like

Hi @thomasprendergast, Any update please? thanks in advance.

We are hoping to release some documentation shortly which will answer these questions.

1 Like

Here is the latest resource center document: Alternatives to third-party cookies for Genesys Cloud embedded clients - Genesys Cloud Resource Center

1 Like

hi @thomasprendergast ,

Really thanks for sharing the Genesys update Alternatives to third-party cookies for Genesys Cloud embedded clients - Genesys Cloud Resource Center , I am going through this

So for option 2, there will be an option to Grant Access, when we trying to access Embed Client, which this feature will be available on January 2024 ?
If there's any update about this, could you please share in this thread ?

Thank you and appreciate for this.

Fransiska

Short term solution in the immediate would be option 1 and option 3.
With option 3 implemented by Genesys, this will by pass the need to grant access directly in the embedded client.
Option 2 will be coming shortly after and is a more longer term solution.

Yes there will be updates to this documentation, I can update this developer forum on the information.

Thanks
Thomas

thanks @thomasprendergast , appreciate for this. Yes, please update this developer forum if the documentation released.

Fransiska

Hi @thomasprendergast, somehow the article you shared is no longer available, can you Please check? Thanks.

Hi @thomasprendergast ,

If you have a chance, want to ask your advsise on below: Prepare Genesys Cloud embedded clients for Google Chrome's phasing out of third-party cookies - Genesys Cloud Resource Center

Is above solution has been implemented ? in regards now is January 2024, as I checked EmbedFramework still showing error session if I enable chrome setting third-party cookie phaseout, as following:

Similar thing with Salesforce Plugin

Do we need to do some setup to make this work ? Please advise.

Thank you in advance
Fransiska

hi Fransiska,
Yes the Mitigation solution has been completed by Genesys acquiring the exception for all Genesys domains.
It seems as though you have enabled testing of third party cookie phase out.
Advice from Google is as follows: test-third-party-cookie-phaseout uses a more strict form of 3P cookie block in M120 that does not permit exception to work as normal. It was changed in M121 to match the new default behavior.

In M120 please use chrome://flags/#tracking-protection-3pcd from here:
https://developers.google.com/privacy-sandbox/blog/third-party-cookie-deprecation-trial#set_flags_for_testing

Thanks
Thomas

hi @thomasprendergast ,

Thanks for advise, yes apparently from link you advise https://developers.google.com/privacy-sandbox/blog/third-party-cookie-deprecation-trial#set_flags_for_testing, >> need to use Chrome v 121,
good thing its working on Salesforce Plugin and EmbbedFramework (with all flags enabled)

but concern is so workstation need to upgrade Chrome to v 121 to resolve this issue ? Could you please advise for this so we can advise customer correctly, what they need to do to resolve Google Third Party

Thanks alot for your advise in advance.
Fransiska

hi Fransiska,
As i mentioned in the last post, Google had informed us that in M120 (Chrome 120) you can use this chrome flag for testing: chrome://flags/#tracking-protection-3pcd

Please do not get confused between the flags provided by Google and used for testing on the Chrome browser and Genesys' mitigation.
In a Genesys context with the Embedded Clients - the flags are not needed for the solution that Genesys has provided on all embedded clients including the ones you mentioned (Genesys Cloud for Salesforce and Embeddable Framework).
Genesys has acquired the exception from Google on all Genesys domains to bypass this Third Party Cookie deprecation. And therefore there is nothing that customers need to do, to continue to work on the embedded clients. Customers can simply refresh their browser and the Embedded Client will work as normal.

Thanks
Thomas

hi @thomasprendergast ,

Thank you very much with advise and confirmation.
Yes, I have tested with Chrome v120 and enabled following flag, EmbedFramework and Salesforce Plugin working normally fine

Again thank you very much for your advise. Will let you know how it goes, when Google start implement the phasing out third party cookies or if customer have further queries.

Fransiska