Help with attaching conversation Data using v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.acd.start trigger

Hi there,

I have created a very simple trigger and workflow but finding it really hard to make it work.

This is how the trigger looks like -

{
"id": "9c01c046-4340-4a6e-bd18-82740d32df61",
"name": "acd_start_outbound_trigger",
"topicName": "v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.acd.start",
"target": {
"type": "Workflow",
"id": "d6b9c738-5e0b-40da-b291-6fe7b0e17899",
"workflowTargetSettings": {
"dataFormat": "TopLevelPrimitives"
}
},
"version": 13,
"enabled": true,
"matchCriteria": [
{
"jsonPath": "mediaType",
"operator": "Equal",
"value": "VOICE"
},
{
"jsonPath": "direction",
"operator": "Equal",
"value": "OUTBOUND"
}
],
"description": "Trigger when an outbound contact is initiated to attach some participant data for Voice Biometrics project",
"selfUri": "/api/v2/processautomation/triggers/9c01c046-4340-4a6e-bd18-82740d32df61"
}

I have mapped it to the following workflow -

Now I expect that when I make an outbound call on behalf of a queue, at the beginning of this call, this conversation Data is attached to the call, however I don't see that happening.
Even after the conversation is completed, the participant data is nowhere to be seen.

I am not sure, if the trigger itself is not invoked in this case or there is something wrong in the workflow.
Can someone please help me here?

Thanks in advance,
Aakanksha

Okay, I was able to finally make this work using the event
v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.customer.start

however, I don't understand the difference between v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.customer.start and v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.acd.start
Can someone please explain? In the documentation it's not very clear.

Not sure if seen anything that explicitly explains each, the trigger Topic section doesn't.
I believe from my own trigger work and testing where I added all triggers and sent response to own API to log.

Customer.start/end are fired once when contact arrives, and when finally disconnects.
acd.start/end can be fired more than once, when the call is transferred to another queue/flow.
user.start/end can be fired more than once, each time an agent is Given a call (even if not answered) and when agent ends/transfers the contact.

Note: The trigger UI does not show/allow configuration to use JSON variable to pass schema to a flow. I would look at doing that (via data actions) as its FAR better and easier to handle in the workflow accepting one variable.
The trigger needs updating to specify

"workflowTargetSettings" : {
    "dataFormat" : "Json"
  }

See here for info and example Here

Hope that helps

/edit
Since posting this, the trigger admin UI now allows you to choose Data format, as well as Time configuration setting. You can completely build triggers in UI and not resort to data actions.

1 Like

The best documentation for the detail events that I am aware of is here:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.