How do I pass a collection of strings INTO a Data Action

I have a huge string that exceeds Genesys 32K limit. I have broken the string down into 30K chunks as a collection of strings. This works.
How do I pass that collection of strings into a Data Action? The Input Contract only allows an OBJECT with Simple Properties (which excludes Array and Object).
Thanks,
Simon

That seems like a clear misuse of a data action. What's your use case for bringing that much data into Genesys Cloud via a data action?

Hi Simon,

Data action inputs only support primitive types, so you would have to have a bunch of string inputs and stitch the strings back together inside of the action. It isn't a use case that we have put any thought into, but should be pretty straightforward. As Tim asked though, what is the use case you are dealing with? If it could be generally useful you could put it up on https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/

--Jason

We need to send a Knowledge doc via email. It has embedded Base64 images. The string is large. I can get it into the Bot flow. Now I need to get it over to the Email API that we have to use to send emails from Genesys (because Genesys has some limits on how you send email from a call).

So this is in the "It might be possible" range, but also may be challenging to create and maintain. Something like an AWS lambda might be easier to build and update since it wouldn't have all of the limitations that you are running into. You could call it with a Data Action and let it do all of the API calls to different systems.

--Jason

1 Like

That might be a valid plan. Just hand off the entire process to an orchestrator API. It's just annoying because Genesys SHOULD be able to handle it (the UI implies the functionality, but then fails to live up to the implication).

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.