How does Genesys Cloud handle credentials?

A customer has requested more detail about how Genesys handles credentials for integrations and data actions. I raised this question in the Support portal, but they asked me to raise the question here instead.

We referred to the below documentation but there is no mention of keystores or any other methods used for the credentials, only a mention of S3 buckets.

Can the dev team expand on the below point? What are the technology and mechanisms used to provide extra security and what cryptographic protection is used?

• Store credentials in a highly encrypted manner with extra security and cryptographic protections

Thanks in advance.

You can find information on authorization here: https://developer.genesys.cloud/authorization/platform-auth/.

Hi Tim,

I've read through the content and it's focused on Genesys and how it handles internal OAuth clients.

The question is more about 3rd party integrations / API credentials that are stored in Genesys, and how they are stored.

Let's say I'm using a Web Services Data Actions integration to connect to a private Mulesoft API. When I store the client id and client secret in Genesys, how is this data stored and protected?

Sorry, I wasn't quite sure what you were asking and thought you were asking about Genesys Cloud credentials and authorization.

The articles you linked above are the appropriate documentation sources for the questions the articles pose. If you need more specific details, please open a case with Genesys Cloud Care. Distributing sensitive technical security details about the inner workings of Genesys Cloud will need to go through review processes that will be enforced during Care's handling of the inquiry .

That makes sense. I'll re-open the case and refer to this post, thanks Tim.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.