How to get conversation start date/time from a trigger or workflow?

All,

Looking to build a trigger that fires a workflow which then does a data table lookup for blocked numbers. Lastly, disconnects the call via a data action for a match.

Made some decent progress, using v2.detail.events.conversation.{id}.customer.start as the Trigger. From the workflow, I can get the ani and perform the data table lookup. What I am struggling with is I believe to perform a Call Disconnect Data Action, we will need both the conversationId of the inbound call (which I can get from trigger) and also the startTime of the inbound call.

So far I have not been successful in getting the start time of the inbound call. Can I get that info from the trigger itself or do I need to add a 'Get Conversation Data' step in the Workflow to get that? If I need to pull from conversationId using Get Conversation Data, is that variable named conversationStart?

Any suggestions here? Hope this makes sense.

Thanks as always,
Shane

Hi Shane, In general you can not manipulate calls (answer / transfer / disconnect) via data actions because those operations require the requestor to be a user in the call, but data action operates without a user context.

That said, there is a specific disconnect route that might work:

/api/v2/conversations/{conversationId}/disconnect

--Jason

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.