Implicit login and new profile

Hi there, I've tried to follow this article:

https://developer.genesys.cloud/blog/2022-02-11-cli-implicit-login/

However creating a new profile does not update the config.toml file and doesn't create any new section in it. Secondly while trying to actually use this, I get a warning about an invalid AWS region. I'm in APSE2 - so mypurecloud.com.au and have specified that in both trying to create the implicit login profile and in the OAuth setup in the Admin UI.

Has anybody got this working in other regions or what else may I have missed?

Hi Vaun,

A few questions:

1. Are you running the CLI under Windows, Linux, or OS X?
  2. Are you looking for the config.toml file in the directory $HOME/.gc/ ?

Hi Charlie

This is on Windows, and yes looking in that .gc folder.

I'm not sure why it isn't properly writing to the file config file. We may have to start a windows VM and see if we can recreate the problem.
In a previous forum post, John Carnell suggested the following:

Try to create the file in the directory where you installed the gc.exe binary and call it config.toml. Make sure you change the values specific to that. Then try to run gc.exe in the directory where the binary and the config.toml file is located. [...] The way our config resolution works is that if it can not find the config.toml in the home directory it tries to look in the same directory.

Another suggestion I have is to unset any genesys cloud environment variables you might have configured, such as $GENESYSCLOUD_REGION or $GENESYSCLOUD_OAUTHCLIENT_ID. These can override certain elements of the process and confuse things, especially when creating a profile using the implicit method. It may not apply to this issue, but it's worth mentioning just in case.

Thanks Charlie, having the gc binary in the same folder as the config.toml worked. What's weird about it is it can find the config.toml file if I run the gc command anywhere else once it's created. It seems to just be the profiles new process that has a problem.

1 Like

Understood. We'll take a look.

Thanks for reporting.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.