Inbound Open message API not working from postman

I'm trying to initiate inbound message from postman on behalf open message to Genesys cloud Agent by using API POST /api/v2/conversations/messages/inbound/open , but I'm getting 202 status. I need to get an incoming interaction at Genesys agent side. I have created Open Messaging Integration check below image.

![Open message|690x280](upload://ddWTREbGiXBMMzFY5UYKfH2tXGc.jpeg)

{
    "channel": {
      "platform": "Open",
      "type": "Private",
      "messageId": "5ef1dc448428fc122ff6ac1f937535a0",
      "to": { "id": "Open Message Integration ID" },
      "from": {
        "nickname": "John123",
        "id": "Email ID",
        "idType": "Opaque",
        "firstName": null,
        "lastName": null
      },
      "time": "2023-07-06T07:27:16.178Z"
    },
    "type": "Text",
    "text": "Hi",
    "direction": "Inbound"
  }

Could you please help me in this. Did I miss anything, let me know

@Shivani_m 202 status is expected there. I'm unsure whether you have setup an Architect Flow on your open messaging integration (your "Open Message Integration ID" in your example) or not. That is what will allow that open inbound message you POSTed, to get routed to a Queue/Agent. Please have a look at the following pages

Add an inbound message route - Genesys Cloud Resource Center - this is where you will set your open integration recipient, to your messaging flow.
About open messaging - Genesys Cloud Resource Center - this page just has more links for open messaging and routing messages

Hope this helps

Thank You for the response!

I have created Architect flow as shown in the picture. I have added that flow under Message Routing. Still facing sane issue. Outbound Notification Webhook URL should be vaild?

This is my integration, For testing I have given something in the webhook url for now.

@Shivani_m yes, the outbound webhook notification can help you here too. As Genesys is going to outbound a receipt to your webhook, for your inbound open message you POST in postman. In that receipt is going to contain a status and reasons field that may have a failure, telling you why it failed. If it does that should help you figure out what to change.
If it does not have a failure status, then it's going to contain an id that you can use and call get-api-v2-conversations-messages--messageId--details using that messageId, and that will give you the conversation that the message is on, and allow you to see what happened to it on the Genesys Cloud Conversation side.

Hi @Greg_Boston , Now I'm able to receive interactions to genesys cloud by Postman. Now I want to check whether receiver, receiving messages/events or not from genesys for that I need to configure outbound webhook URL. Can you suggest which service can use for that. I don't have access to ngrok.
Thanks in advance.

@Shivani_m glad you got it working. The outbound webhook URL is really your decision and responsibility. You would likely want to take into account your specific use case, and many other factors when deciding how to architect the service you would use to receive those messages from Genesys Cloud. There are many companies that can help you with public hosted webhook services. Or you could of course build your own service using AWS or other cloud computing services. The possibilities are really almost endless. If you need help developing a solution in that area, you might want to reach out to Genesys Professional Services for some options Professional Services | Contact Center Services | Genesys

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.