Inbound Open Message

Hi,
I'm sending an inbound message using (https://developer.genesys.cloud/routing/conversations/conversations-apis#post-api-v2-conversations-messages-inbound-open)
And have setup webhook to handle outbound message from Genesys.
I've a requirement where if I pass a field in Inbound Message request, it is sent back in outbound message.
Can I use the messageId field of Inbound message.

Thanks

Hi @rohit_rr
You might try the metadata object field to add custom attributes

Further, you can use the text field to pass any data you want, which may let you do what you want. But there's not currently an implementation for this explicit purpose. If you can clarify the question and add some detail, you could create a ticket for this in the Genesys Ideas Portal

I initially thought that metadata could be possible solution, but the fields inside metadata too are not returned with outbound message. Are the Outbound message configurable where we can configure which fields from metadata we want to return.

No, contrary to my original reply, I think manipulating the text field would be your best bet, or alternatively request the feature in the Ideas portal.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.