Integration thick client with Genesys Cloud

Hi,

I have a customer with on premise applications (for example a CRM thick client).
I would like to know if there is a way or method to inegrate this CRM with Genesys Cloud ?
I already found a way to retrieve data from database on a premise solution (see the link below) and I am looking for a way to integrate a thick client application with Genesys Cloud. Is it something possible with Genesys Cloud ? Do you have some clues or prerequisites?

Thanks in advance for your feedback

Hi Zach,

Could you specify the types of integrations you are looking for? There are lots of ways to integrate depending on what you are trying to accomplish.

--Jason

Hi Jason,

We are currently working with Genesys engage on premise.
with our CRM (thick client) not expose on internet we are able to make click to call and screen po-up.
We planed to move to Genesys Cloud and we would like to have more or less the same behavior.
For click to call we are using a custom webservice on premise.

Regards

Hi Zach,

I know a whole lot about data actions, but relatively little about other CRM integration issues.

Here is a main page about integrations:

And here is an example of how you can hook up data actions to an on-premise web service:
https://developer.dev-genesys.cloud/blueprints/lambda-premise-blueprint/

Finally, we have put a number of security features in place so that you might consider having your API be publicly facing for the purpose of data actions:

This is a developer forum, so if you have a specific question about usage of an API we can help out, but it seems like you may be looking more for a high level idea of how to meet your needs, which may be better served by talking to your sales person / PSO / the Genesys community for Genesys cloud:

--Jason

In a thick client, you would typically use the auth code grant to authorize the user. The refresh token allows you to reauthorize periodically without prompting the user for credentials.

Once you have an auth token, use notifications to receive real-time conversation events for the user's queue to know about incoming conversations to trigger a screen pop.

Use POST /api/v2/conversations/calls when a click-to-call action is invoked within your app to place a call for the user. Note that they'll have to be logged in to a station either using the out of the box app or your app, whichever is the primary interface. If you're using WebRTC stations, take special note of step 2 under configuration here to allow third-party apps to place calls.

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your feedback.
How to invoke click to call action from your app on premise To Genesys Cloud ?
Do you need AWS Lambda or something else ?

Zach

Hello, please refer to my previous reply:

Thank you for your feedback

Zach

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.