Is there a way to switch between interactions in embedded framework via API/event

Hi Team,

I have a requirement where I need to switch between two/three interactions programmatically. Is there any event to trigger when interactions are switched. Currently I'm using "updateState" value "pickup", so when I'm sending status as pickup it is switching between interactions. But if the interaction is disconnected and if I'm sending "pickup" as state then Genesys is throwing error as "unable to pickup interaction" which is correct as I'm sending pickup for disconnected interaction. If I send "switch", "disconnected", "change" interaction view is not switching. Is there any way to resolve this issue.

below is the error when i'm switching between interactions

@jacobshaw , @Greg_Boston
can you please help me in this

@Shivani_m
If I understand correctly, you have multiple call conversations handled by the same agent, and you want to programatically switch between them. From an API standpoint, you could use
PATCH /api/v2/conversations/calls/{conversationId}/participants/{participantId}
to updated the "held" status for the conversations in question. In other words, put the current call on hold, and take the new intended conversation off of hold.
You could also use GET /api/v2/conversations/calls/{conversationId} or notifications to determine when a call has disconnected

Hi @jacobshaw ,

Thanks for the reply. No, suppose I have two interactions:
call from CustA and CustB, CustA interaction is disconnected and CustB interaction is going on. Now I want to switch between these two interaction i.e., CustA and CustB programmatically.

I have used "updatestate" and action name as "pickup". By this it is switching between interactions, but for disconnected interactions Genesys is throwing error "unable to pickup interaction" which is correct. Is there any other action name to switch between interactions. I tried "change", "switch".

Thanks.

Ok, so you want to highlight/expand a disconnected conversation. The updateState with "pickup" is trying to connect the agent to the call, which can't be done. I don't know of a way to switch to a disconnected conversation with the updateState action. You might be able to emit a click event on the dom element to expand the conversation.

Thanks for the reply.

We cannot manipulate the Genesys DOM. We are using Genesys cloud embedded framework as an iframe. When we are switching between sessions in dynamics 365, we want to switch between respective interactions in Genesys UI.

There will be some event Genesys might be using in their code when we try to switch between interactions manually, so in the same way we want to use the same to switch b/w interactions. Is there anything like that we can use instead of manipulating DOM.

Thanks.

@jacobshaw @tim.smith @Greg_Boston

@Shivani_m I don't work on any UIs in Genesys Cloud, but believe it's not possible today to do this via API calls either. As you have witnessed already, when an interaction is in disconnected state, there isn't a lot you can do with it in the system at that point. "Completing" the interaction with a Wrapup, may be the only thing.

There will be some event Genesys might be using in their code when we try to switch between interactions manually, so in the same way we want to use the same to switch b/w interactions

It's not an API call that is switching the UI between interactions AFAIK in that case. Instead it's literally the user clicking on the UI that makes the UI bring an element forward AND then invoke an API call to be made on the backend (in some cases).
As @jacobshaw said above when multiple interactions are connected, it's setting the held state on that conversation/participant that is being clicked away from and the one being brought into view, via API call. However the inverse doesn't apply here it seems, calling the API yourself won't then cause a trigger to make the UI act on that held/un-held state and bring an element forward automatically.
There are some system events that likely do invoke a trigger on the UI to bring certain elements forward. However with already disconnected conversation, I don't know of any that would work for you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.