Issue with Call Discrepancies Between Audio Hook and `/conversations/details/query` API

Hello Everyone,

I'm dealing with a discrepancy in call counts between real-time audio streams received via the audio hook and the data from the /conversations/details/query API. Here's the detail:

• Configuration: Our setup includes the Genesys audio hook activated for all queues, following the instructions in this Genesys documentation.
  • Problem Overview: Analyzing data weekly, day by day, we find a 25% to 30% difference in calls reported by the /conversations/details/query API and those captured by our audio hook.
  • Observations from Analysis:
    • About 40% of missing calls are tagged with wrapUpCode as ININ-OUTBOUND-PREVIEW-SKIPPED.
    • Another 40% of the calls missing in audio streams lack an agent as a participant, involving roles like user, external, or customer.
    • The remaining 20% of the missing calls show no obvious pattern, appearing normal but not streamed.
    • Overall, we're missing 5% to 6% of calls daily, as per the Genesys dialer data via the conversations query API.
  • Troubleshooting Conducted: We've ruled out recent configuration changes and performed standard checks, including network and API credentials.

I am looking for insights on several points:

1. Does the ININ-OUTBOUND-PREVIEW-SKIPPED status interfere with the audio streaming of these calls, even though they are logged in the dialer?
  2. Is the absence of an agent in a conversation a common issue that affects audio streaming, or might it suggest a configuration problem on our end?
  3. What should we investigate for calls that seem normal but aren't streamed? Are there known issues or settings in Genesys that could explain this?
  4. Are there additional configurations or troubleshooting steps to ensure all calls are captured by the audio hook?
  5. Are there specific scenarios where the audio hook might not capture certain calls, even though they appear in the /conversations/details/query API?

If there is any missing information to help debug, please request that, happy to collaborate and provide the required information.

I appreciate any guidance or suggestions to help resolve these issues.

Thank you in advance!

A wrap up code of ININ-OUTBOUND-PREVIEW-SKIPPED means that was an outbound campaign preview call that the agent "skipped" because the outbound call was not needed any long for some reason. Since there was no physical call made, then there was no audiohook stream to send.

For the 40% where there was no agent involved, those too were likely outbound calls that perhaps were a bad phone number, a busy signal, or an answering machine. In those cases our outbound engine will not send those to an agent.

In general, for outbound calls, you are only going to get an audiohook stream if and when the call is associated with a Queue configured to have voice transcription turned on and that call is connected to an agent.

Thank you, @crespino, for the response.

We have ensured that voice_transcription is enabled across all our queues.

Regarding the remaining 20% of calls that appear normal but are not captured by the audio hook, we've noticed a pattern. These calls are from the same queues where other calls are successfully streaming through the audio hook. Could you please shed light on possible scenarios or conditions under which this might occur? Specifically, what factors could lead to selective streaming of calls from the same queue?

I would suggest checking a few things:

1. For the calls that are not streamed to the audiohook server, do they have both a external/customer and an agent participant? Is there an actual call established shown as a call segment in the JSON?
  2. You can also check in Genesys Cloud in the Performance menu under Workspace. Look at the Interactions workspace for those "missing" calls. View the details of those calls in the dashboard and verify that they have a call recording, and a transcript. If either is missing, then that most likely explains it because the call must be recorded and have voice transcription enabled.

Hey @crespino,

All the below points are w.r.t 20% of missing calls I quote in my first message

We have verified that all the calls have required participants (agent, customer, acd etc)

We do see segmentType called interact for all these calls

Sure we will check these calls in the genesys platform once and see if there is any pattern in those calls.

If you feel that everything is configured correct but calls are still missing then you or the customer will need to open a Customer Care case to have them research. They will have the tooling to look at logs for the customer to determine why the audio stream may not be sent out.

Got it, thank you for the help @crespino :raised_hands:. Is there a document that I can refer to w.r.t opening a case customer care case?

Customers should be setup automatically to open a Customer Care ticket. Partners need to enabled to do so, and you can request that access by logging into the Genesys Partner Portal and opening a "Partner CoE Request" from the Support menu, and they will enable that access.

1 Like

Hello @crespino,

We analyzed the calls that appear to be normal but are not sent to us via Audio hook. By normal calls, I mean calls where the agent is a participant and has not skipped the call.

These calls did not have a recording and transcription even though these calls belong to queues for which the voice transcription feature is enabled.

Under what circumstances does this occur where the recording and transcription are not captured even though they have been enabled in the queues?
Additionally, Is there some documentation about the recording enabled and disabled w.r.t a single conversation that I can refer to?

Please let me know if you need further information or clarification. Would appreciate a quick response. Thanks.

Ah, your investigation showed that those calls did NOT have a recording, and that is the problem. For audiohook to work the call must be recorded AND transcribed. It is possible that the customer has a recording policy that doesn't allow those particular outbound calls to be recorded and since they aren't recorded then there is no recording stream to fork to the Audiohook integration.

I'd suggest to work with the customer to identify why they are excluding those calls from recording. If they want those calls to work with your system via the Audiohook monitor then they will have to start recording them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.