Issues when updating the numberplans

hi all, I just raised a case for this but maybe somebody has something useful on this.
I am trying to update site number plans, unfortunatelly it has only PUT and all number plan details must provided as part of the update. It is not convenient but doable.

However, i found an issue with the SDK: The com.mypurecloud.sdk.v2.model.NumberPlan object in the SDK does NOT support setId, the ID field remains private. This is fine if I want to add a new entry because the field can remain empty. However, it is a problem when you try to update an existing entry because the API returns DUPLICATE_VALUE - obvioulsy the API thinks i am trying to add a new entry with the same name which is not the case. I have tested this in the UI and it adds the ID properly but this is not possible with the SDK as the ID field remains private. I can read the current NumberPlan object and use it for the PUT then it has its own problems (for example Numbers object cant be remove from it if it is not required but present currently)

Anyone has seen this before? any workaround?
thanks,
Zsolt

The way I handle this is as follows:

1. When updating existing number plans, call API to get all number plans. In my example in C# GetTelephonyProvidersEdgesSiteNumberplans. Using the result from that call, I search the entity for the Number Plan i need and update that object. After that I call the API to update the number plans with the object (In C# - PutTelephonyProvidersEdgesSiteNumberplans)
  2. When adding, I do the same as above but add new objects to the existing configuration.

Alex Johnson achieve cx

Yes, it works for me too but it looks still weird that the ID option cant be set directly so you must first get the existing objects and then change the fields you want.
Another bug i found was that the priority field is completely ignored by the API. The genesys case owner reproduced it but he had no intention to get it fixed. Basically the API uses the order of the dialplan entries and the priority field is completely ignored.
zsolt

1 Like

Poorly designed API as it requires all configuration to be set as one value.

Alex Johnson achieve cx

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.