Keep embedded client logged in after computer goes to sleep

Hello,

I see that Genesys Cloud for Salesforce has a checkbox for Prevent Inactivity Timeout. What I'm wondering is does this apply when a user puts a computer to sleep or loses internet. From my testing if the sleep/internet loss is under 5 minutes it signs in without a problem but if its over 5 minutes it shows an error saying "Your connection to Genesys Cloud has been lost."

From the documentation on this page Genesys Cloud Dev Documentation it says that it will send a request to GET /api/v2/tokens/me every 5 minutes. Is that why I am seeing that error because after 5 minutes its returning a non-valid signature?

In my Genesys Cloud org I have the settings for 'inactivity timeout' set to 30 minutes. Looking for some clarity on if this is the expected use case for this inactivity setting.

hi Nick
Thanks for your question.
We have created this developer center documentation - https://developer.genesys.cloud/platform/embeddable-framework/inactivity-timeout, generally for the Embedded Framework customers/partners but it also does a good job explaining the use of this Enhancement of inactivity timeout in embedded clients: January 24, 2024 - Genesys Cloud Resource Center

Hope that helps.
Thomas

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.