Limitations on Quick Replies

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there are any limitations for the amount of quick replies are shown?

I have a bot flow with a "Ask for Slot" added with multiple options for a user to select from. Currently when I have 10 slots to choose from but when I add an 11th one, the quick replies don't display.

Use case would be to have users select the slot that goes with an error that they're receiving to be providing some scripting for that error before getting to an agent.

Can you clarify where you're seeing this? A screenshot would be great. I'm not sure what UI you're referring to. If this is something do do with chat, please be specific which chat product/version you're using.

Sure. I'm currently using Dialog Engine Bot Flow for our messenger. I don't see the quick replies being displayed within the user facing side of the chat. I've uploaded some screenshots of what I'm experiencing.

NotShowingQuickReplies
ShowingQuickResponses
Shows Quick Responses

Doesn't show Quick Responses

Thanks for that information, very helpful. Additionally, do you see any errors in the JavaScript console in the browser that has messenger loaded?

I see this when I open up the webpage and look at the console when I open it up.

js_xeUKv2tndbgZug68P9bEWP8D0DF8HWoftLFfh4IucLY.js:1054 Deprecation warning: use moment.updateLocale(localeName, config) to change an existing locale. moment.defineLocale(localeName, config) should only be used for creating a new locale See http://momentjs.com/guides/#/warnings/define-locale/ for more info.
Y @ js_xeUKv2tndbgZug68P9bEWP8D0DF8HWoftLFfh4IucLY.js:1054

Hi Paco - if your question is specific to our native Web Messenger, then yes there is a limit of 10 Quick Replies, for UX-related reasons. We will improve developer documentation accordingly, thanks for raising this.

@Angelo_Cicchitto Thank you for clarifying and thank you @tim.smith for the help!

Hi Paco - wanted to further refine my previous response: the limit you observe is currently enforced at the Bot Flow level, when using the Ask for Slot action: we are in the process of updating documentation accordingly.

Can you please suggest Quick replies are supported in web chats ?
If yes , how do we configure that?

Quick Replies for Genesys Cloud are not available with Web Chat: you can use Web Messaging to use Quick Replies within Genesys Cloud.

Thanks for the response Cicchitto, have one more question.

We are configuring dialog engine bot flow , is there a way to insert pause time while sending responses to the client .
I see there is only "Voice End of Input Timeout" for voice interactions , don't we have this options for chat?

Do you mean while waiting for input? There is no input timeout for digital channels as yet with Dialog Engine Bot Flows. It will wait until there is input or 72 hours elapses. There is an Idea that you can vote on for this https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/AI-I-90

Thank you , but my question is like can we add a pause while sending bot responses to the client , like we have "wait" option in inbound chat flows.

Like to add in a brief wait before each bot message displays. it really helps people understand what's happening on screen.

Will this work for web chats or only for voice?

I configured it , but its not working for webchat.

Is there any specific way to configure this feature in web chat?

Unfortunately not we don't support delays for digital channels today. Apologies, I removed the incorrect posts I made earlier

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.