Lost from the beginning

Dear all,

sorry for using the developer forum partly off topic. But I'm having difficulties as a beginner to Genesys Cliud Platform and I'm hoping that someone here could show me the way.

Here is my short story: I'm a freelance Online Marketing expert and developer. A customer that I am working with uses Genesys for customer service. Since I see some business potential there, I want to be more proficient about Genesys. When I want to learn a new tool, I just enrol for a certification and set this as a goal for myself. So I decided to make a certification for Genesys Cloud Certified Associate.

However, the first steps have been extremely frustrating so far. Since you, participants of this forum, are mostly seasoned Genesys developers, you are probably not aware of this. But the onboarding process for beginners is pretty horrible at Genesys. I have made many certifications for Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Adobe Experience Platform, etc. All these platforms provide a very clear learning path. They take you by the hand from the beginning, explain the most simple concepts, then provide clear curricula about how to proceed to become an expert about any aspect of the platform. They provide online trainings, learning tools, test accounts, sandbox environments, etc. With Genesys, although I have been navigating around for a while, I even don't know the basics yet, like the difference between PureConnect, Genesys Cloud Platform, Genesys Engage and On-Premise solutions.

The learning platforms are very fragmented. There are

• Resource center (help .mypurecloud.com ),
  • Beyond (beyond .genesys.com),
  • Genesys Documentation (help .genesys.com/#documentation),
  • Genesys knowledge center (know .genesys.com/),
  • Genesys Community (community .genesys.com/home) and
  • this forum.

They all have circular references to each other. There are plenty of broken links. From all those platforms, this forum is the one and only one where I am allowed to sign up and post something without being a partner or a customer. Everything is completely intransparent to non-customers and non-partners. There is a huge entrance barrier.

I wanted to subscribe for Beyond Genesys Cloud Learning Subscription program (beyond.genesys.com/explore/subscription/genesys-cloud-learning-subscription). There I needed to fill a form to "Request a quote". Even worse, the form is broken. When I switch to the next field, the previous form fields get deleted. After 10 attempts, I was able to submit it only once. But then I didn't get any confirmation, no emails, nothing. I am willing to pay to learn, but I cannot. Also, there is also some great content on Genesys youtube channel (mostly recorded webinars), but also without any classification or guidance based on learning paths.

If you have read so far, here is my question: what would be your recommendation to bootstrap for Genesys? Where should I begin? Who can I contact for a learning program subscription?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi there - my name is Becky Powell and I am the Director of Product for the Genesys Cloud platform. Firstly, thank you for taking the time to provide such thorough and detailed feedback. Secondly, I want to say that I am sorry to hear about your experience so far. I would love to speak to you directly - would you mind emailing me at becky.powell@genesys.com so that we can continue the discussion?

Kindest regards,
Becky

1 Like

Hi Becky, thank you for your response. I sent you an email right after your message. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Ercan

Hi again, I did not receive an email from you. Could you please re-send?

Thank you!
-Becky

Just did, thanks!