Microsoft Teams SCIM presence attribute mapping

I'm attemping to present the presence of users in Microsoft Teams.

I've followed the guides so far and can see the external users appear within the Genesys Cloud directory. However, they all appear offline.

Having read the guide here: Configure Azure Active Directory for Genesys Cloud SCIM (Identity Management) - Genesys Cloud Resource Center the following statement suggests an additional attribute mapping is required to achieve the presence capability

If you are using Microsoft Teams integration with SCIM, then you must set additional field mappings to view the Microsoft Teams badge, view the external presence, and enable click-to-dial. For more information, see Configure the Microsoft Teams Integration .

The link we're then advised to follow does not seem to cover this topic. Can anybody give me guideance on how to configure the teams presence (and MS teams badge)?

Thanks in advance!

To see the Presence info and badge, the "active" user in Genesys Cloud needs to have the microsoft Teams license. That allows a user to see the msft info about other users.

Thanks @Peter_Stoltenberg

Unfortunately that's not solved my issue. To confirm;

• We are running an E1 Office 365 lic (which I understand meets the minimum requirement)
  • I am able to log into Genesys Cloud via my SSO provider.
  • My user has the teams permissions added.

While I can see the status of native Genesys Cloud users, there is still no badge or status of MS Teams users.

Any other Ideas?

And on the left hand side, your user has authenticated via the client app, such that it shows the below?

That's correct.

Hi Gary

If I recall there's an admin permission that needs to be done (Azure admin that is) to allow the Graph API integration piece in this. Can you confirm that was done?

You can also run a get user query using the SCIM APIs to confirm the objectID mapping was done correctly.

Hi Vaun,

Thanks for getting involved :rofl:

Confirming I applied the permission to the Azure Teams app

Also confirming I've run the SCIM get users API, this is the output of my user. Not sure how I would know it looks correct though, maybe you can spot an issue?

{
"id": "41c7cd91-f5b5-47da-a04e-4e68c1c365b7",
"schemas": [
"urn:ietf:params:scim:schemas:core:2.0:User",
"urn:ietf:params:scim:schemas:extension:enterprise:2.0:User",
"urn:ietf:params:scim:schemas:extension:genesys:purecloud:2.0:User"
],
"active": true,
"userName": "garywaddell@",
"displayName": "Gary Waddell",
"phoneNumbers": [
{
"value": "",
"type": "work",
"primary": true
}
],
"emails": [
{
"value": "garywaddell@",
"type": "other",
"primary": true
},
{
"value": "GaryWaddell@",
"type": "work",
"primary": false
}
],
"roles": [
{
"value": "Master Admin"
},
{
"value": "admin"
},
{
"value": "Microsoft Teams User"
},
{
"value": "employee"
},
{
"value": "Microsoft Teams Admin"
}
],
"urn:ietf:params:scim:schemas:extension:enterprise:2.0:User": {
"division": "Home"
},
"urn:ietf:params:scim:schemas:extension:genesys:purecloud:2.0:User": {
"externalIds": [
{
"authority": "microsoftteams",
"value": "aabaf20a-c728-429c-b35d-a148691df537"
}
]
},
"meta": {
"resourceType": "User",
"lastModified": "2024-03-18T17:19:33.000Z",
"location": "/api/v2/scim/v2/users/41c7cd91-f5b5-47da-a04e-4e68c1c365b7",
"version": "W/"19""
}
},

Not sure if you've got this sorted yet Gary but have you confirmed the other phone field is being populated via SCIM and that field tagged as being for Teams?