Multi factor authentication

Hello
Sorry for my ignorance. I'm looking at a solution that allow us to ascertain who's calling us.
Anyone has already accomplished an integration where MFA Multi/Two factor authentication is accomplished ?
We currently request through IVR a customer number that help us to identify the customer the caller belongs to. So we use Webservice call to compare the captured number in IVR with our Servicenow case mgt system and route the call then accordingly.
I was envisioning a method with PingID for instance where the caller would have to pin in the IVR the code he has on his PingID mobile app to be allowed to progress through the IVR
I know that I could use the callerID phone number eventually to achieve that but I woudl still not be 100% sure it is the right person calling with that line
Any idea ? Any litterature you can advise about this ?
Tx Renaud

Hi Renaurd,

It sounds like you would want to use in your call flows a data action. Data actions allow you to call out to a third-party REST-based web-service from a call flow. That web service could have the user present the PingID to a web service and then process the request. I know that this is a very high level, but that is one of the use cases people often use data actions for.

Another option would be to investigate some of our partners in the Genesys Cloud AppFoundry. These partners offer drop products that will do much of what you are looking for. Here is a list of some of the partners I found that do authentication (voice, pin or both) our AppFoundry site. This list is not comprehensive:

Thanks,
John Carnell
Manager, Developer Engagement

tx will explore those options
We use already the data action for the call to Servicenow to validate customer number but we want to identify a level down, the person calling.
They often use shared line so we're not always able to idetify them based on the calling number + you never know who's calling from that line....

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.