New Variables in Architect Flow to call data action

Hi All,

I have developed new Data action with inputs and outputs, When I call this data action into existing Inbound call architect flow i am unable to find any inputs and outputs variables to setup and assign values.

Do i need to create new variables from data -> Resources but when I try to add I do not see add button. Also Do i need to add new Update Data and Participant Data in a step before I call data action ?

Thanks !

Create variables using an update data action in your task.

Expand the sections. The ability to create a variable on that page only works for certain flow types. For the other flows types, create the variable using an update data action in the task.

Thanks Mellisa !!

Can I add new variables in existing update Data action just below Call Data action as I want to Use variables in this data action ? See below, Also do i need to set participant data.

Above or below, it doesn't matter. You can even get rid of the update data statements once you've used the variable elsewhere in the task. If you use an update data action below the call data action, just beware that when the flow gets there it will set the value to whatever you have hardcoded into the update data statement. So you probably want to remove it.

I have no idea what you're using the participant data for, so I'll just say set whatever participant data you want whenever you want.

Hi Mellisa

Its allowing me to add Update data statement variable - Task.XYZ not Flow.XYZ ? In my earlier setup we used flow.xyz.

I assume task.xyz will be good for the particular task not complete flow ? By the way it should allow flow.xyz as well correct ? Anything missing as I see it is populating list

Task-scoped variables can only used in the task they are in. Flow-scoped variables can be used anywhere in the flow. Open the edit variable modal to change scope of an existing variable, or you can set scope on a new variable by including the scope when you're typing a variable name.

Populating what list?

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.