Oauth client creation through Terraform

Hello all,

have a small problem, I need to creat a new oauth client through Terraform in Genesys Cloud and this client has to have a specific role, but how I understand this new client can only have roles that has my oauth client. So how can I add the role to my oauth client through the Terraform? Can you give me an advise how I can solve this problem, hope you can understand what I need.
I am looking forward to reply.

Best regards
Mariia

Hi Mariia,

You can only add roles to an oauth client if that role is managed by terraform. If you need to change the oauth client that you used to configure the provider you will most likely need to change it via the UI since it was not made via terraform.

Regards,
Declan

Hi Marlia,

I want to chime in here too. This design decision makes sense. You do not want to have oauth client created programmatically with more roles then the role creating it. Otherwise, anyone could create an oauth client with more privileges then what they have and basically "up-power" their rights and access.

Thanks,
John Carnell
Director, Developer Engagement

Hi Declan,

Thank you so much for your answer. Than if it is not possible I have to do it only with UI, thanks again!

Best regards
Mariia

Hi John,

thank you so much for your answer. Your words make sance.

Best regards
Mariia

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.