Obtain the timezone of a org while creating an Integration

Hi Team,

While creating an Integration I want to capture the timezone. so that I can schedule the datasync based on their timezone daily to pull data based on their timezone for the pipelines to populate data.

The problem is if we are not capturing timezone some clients need to wait 2days for seeing one day data because genesys saves data in UTC.

Dileep, you should allow the customer to setup the timezone sync in your system instead of pulling anything from Genesys Cloud. There are too many factors involved for you to blindly pull a time from Genesys Cloud and assume that's a good time to use for a sync.

A customer might have an org in the US West 2 region, but their call center hours might be operating out of another region.

Or a call center might be running 24 hours shifts and therefore may want to time that differently than you might code for.

So I think the best idea would be to have some configuration setting on your platform that lets them set the sync time.

1 Like

Mostly we setup the customers data sync in utc because we are not capturing the timezone from genesys. So if customer reports they need to wait 2days to see pastday data at that time we are changing the interval based on their timezone by checking the timezone of the customer

Regarding this is it a realtime scenario. If yes, could you please let me know the usecase to understand why orgs go through this scenario. I understood the other scenarios you mentioned exept this.

This is a data point you collect from your customer and maintain in your application; an org does not have a timezone as far as Genesys Cloud is concerned.

1 Like

Okay understood regarding timezone.
I have other queries related to the callcenter is listed below

1. Can we capture their business hours
    2.Can we capture whether the call center is 24 hours operational or not

Those are also customer-provided data points your application should track on its own.

Every Genesys org globally is available 24x7x365. Some customers may use features in Architect to control availability of their IVR in various ways, but that has no direct relationship with a customer's actual business practices.

1 Like

Yes, this is a real scenario. As a customer I can have an org in the US West 2 region. I can buy a phone number to quite a few customers on that org: Purchase DID numbers - Genesys Cloud Resource Center, such as Singapore. So I could effectively run a Singapore call center servicing Singapore customers on an org operating out of the US West 2 region.

1 Like

Thank you @crespino and @tim.smith

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.