Offering both Authenticated Web Messaging and non-authenticated

From article "Authenticated web messaging allows only authenticated users to initiate a web messaging session with your agents. These authenticated users must log in to your website before they can send a web message."

Are we able to offer both Authenticated web messaging and non-authenticated web messaging seamlessly on our site? If a user starts a web message non-authenticated, if an Agent prompts them to log in to our site, can they then switch over to authenticated web messaging? Is there a seamless way to achieve this?

Hi Stephanie - what you describe is not doable today, but we're planning to add as future use-case to support. See this Idea: https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/DXWMM-I-17

Hi Angelo, thanks for your response. I can't seem to open that page, what is the ETA (if any) for when that feature might be released?

If we were to use non-authenticated web messaging and try to implement our own concept of customer login state by sending custom attribute values to Architect in the web messaging initiation step, can you link me to doc that explains how to do that?

We haven't started that work yet, cannot provide accurate ETA.
If you wanted to use Custom Attributes via Messenger, you can refer to this JavaScript example.
There are several threads in the forum on this topic, here's a few:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.