Passing a null cursor

Hi,

Is it possible to pass a null cursor in a request i.e. https://api.euw2.pure.cloud:443/api/v2/analytics/conversations/details/jobs/<>/results?cursor=<>

Using Azure Data Factory I can successfully call the query without the cursor but need to append this in a subsequent call to page through the results; it's looking unlikely from the documentation their end so just wanted to know if there was anything that could be done using the API syntax to meet my requirement.

Whatever I've tried passing typically returns an error about the characters used and I've tried a few combinations i.e. '', "", <>, null, * and this returns a variety of errors.

Is it possible to include the ?cursor parameter and not specify a cursor/provide a placeholder.

No, I believe it needs to be omitted entirely if you don't have a value to pass it.

@BM4291 I've discussed this with the analytics dev team and they'll look into handing no value for the cursor query param the same as not specifying the cursor query param. Issue reference: BAD-1822.

1 Like

Thanks TIm, that would be great, glad I raised it.

How do I track the issue/is there an ETA?

In the meantime, I've created a workaround by passing the pagination logic over to Power Automate for any paged calls to the API.

Hi Billy,

Since this is a feature that came from the development team we are not given a specific ETA. I can see the fix has been made to the code base and is currently assigned to QA. I do not have a specific ETA, but once QA validates it (and there are no issues found), the feature will go out with the next releases of the analytics services. Sorry I can not give you a better ETA other than this.

Thanks,
John Carnell

1 Like

Opening a case with Genesys Cloud Care is the best way to get status updates on known issues.