Permission Issues with /api/v2/analytics/conversations/{conversationId}/details

I went through the documentation and found out that the Permissions Required for the above API and the POST API /api/v2/analytics/conversations/details/query are same.

While I get results from the POST API /api/v2/analytics/conversations/details/query for different intervals.

When querying for a specific conversation ID I am being returned that this permission is required analytics:conversationDetail:view as an error. This conversation ID is also not being received from the POST API.

I query the API /api/v2/analytics/conversations/{conversationId}/details using another conversation ID which I get from the POST API and I don't get an error for the same.

Is it possible that some conversation ids are not accessible through the same permissions? What can I do to pinpoint the specific issue here?

Make sure the role assigned to your user or client credentials (whichever you're using for auth) has the assigned permissions and is granted appropriate access to your divisions. Once you've verified that you have assigned permissions and division access correctly, if you're still experiencing permissions errors or missing data, please open a case with Genesys Cloud Care to investigate; we do not have access to your org's data via the forum to perform this type of investigation.

Hey Tim, thanks for a quick reply.
The division ID[x] this is claimed to be belonging to is being received in the POST API 'division_ids' metadata for other conversations. In this responses the division id is always being received with an another corresponding division id[x,y]. I don't know if this indicates a permission issue but would just want to lay it out here.

Reposting this a reply to this convo:
The division ID[x] this is claimed to be belonging to is being received in the POST API 'division_ids' metadata for other conversations. In this responses the division id is always being received with an another corresponding division id[x,y]. I don't know if this indicates a permission issue but would just want to lay it out here.

If I have permission for only y, by default does conversation where the division x was a part of be pulled in?

If you don't have access to a division, you can't see division-aware data from that division.

I will check If I have explicit permission set up on my OAuth client for the division id. In my case I am getting conversations where division ids are both [x,y], from my understanding this means I have access to both the divisions but I will cross check again.

This was indeed solved by getting permissions to specific division ids.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.